What's new

I know that its a cross

DFXaholic

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, 11 inch coil, 13 inch coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that its a cross but how old or anything else you might know about it....[bg=http://forum.treasurenet.com/images/coinsc.jpg][/bg]
 

Attachments

  • frankscross1.webp
    frankscross1.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 436
Kia ora :hello:
What is the writing on the back, please ?
Any chance of some better pics?
Try using a dark background and take pics in natural light if possible.
The light background confuses the camera.
Slappav :icon_thumleft:
Mike
 
Upvote 0
jesus, mary and joesph -- JMJ -- jesus (on the cross) and mary and joesph on either side of it ---it can not pre date 1830 * the "miraculious medal" date -- used on it --in 1830 the spirit of the virgin mary told st cathrine to have a "medal" struck --the 1830 is used to celebrate that * so after 1830 it must be,,still its a older style cross .
 
Upvote 0
Catholic? Do catholics have a tradition of giving someone (relative) a cross/crucifix with a deceased person's initials and message on it for 'guidance in the future?' Don't know...
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you for your help on this. A friend of mine found it on a weekend hunt and he is not hook up to the internet. I said I would try and thanks to you all I have a little info. for him...... Ever out in Washington "Evergreen State" give me a jingle.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom