What's new

I know what this one is!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to the flower bed this afternoon to see if I could find the caterpillars I saw yesterday. I didn't even see this fella until I was about a foot from him! Even then if he hadn't twitched his head I might have reached down to move the leaves looking for the caterpillars. After getting some pictures I got my pitchfork and coaxed him back to the woods that are about 100' away. He never tried to strike or come towards me which is rare behavior for a copperhead as they are usually pretty aggressive, at least around here.
 

Attachments

  • Copperhead 3.webp
    Copperhead 3.webp
    318.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Copperhead 2.webp
    Copperhead 2.webp
    201 KB · Views: 76
  • Copperhead 1.webp
    Copperhead 1.webp
    202 KB · Views: 80
I went out to the flower bed this afternoon to see if I could find the caterpillars I saw yesterday. I didn't even see this fella until I was about a foot from him! Even then if he hadn't twitched his head I might have reached down to move the leaves looking for the caterpillars. After getting some pictures I got my pitchfork and coaxed him back to the woods that are about 100' away. He never tried to strike or come towards me which is rare behavior for a copperhead as they are usually pretty aggressive, at least around here.

Looks freshly molted.
 
Looks like a youngun.
 
Looks like a youngun.

He was only about a foot long so I think the same thing. There is plenty for him to eat as the ditch across the back of my yard is full of bugs, frogs and other creatures. I might have snakes in my yard but I haven't seen a mouse in a long, long time.
 
He was only about a foot long so I think the same thing. There is plenty for him to eat as the ditch across the back of my yard is full of bugs, frogs and other creatures. I might have snakes in my yard but I haven't seen a mouse in a long, long time.

Send him up my way if he likes to eat chipmunks. Dang things are everywhere!
HH
dts
 
Kudos to you for coaxing him back to the woods. I would have been running and screaming in the opposite direction!
 
My Lord I'm glad you didn't stick your hand down there and get bit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom