What's new

I LIKE MY TURKEY SMOKED!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,541
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received permission to detect this property that dates back to the early 1800's. The original old house burned to the ground in 1973, but a lot of the original outbuildings still exist. Check out the tin roofing on a few of the shacks. All NC license plates!!! :o :icon_thumleft:
There was a lot of trash in this yard, but here are my finds from today's 2 hour hunt.
I had to laugh when I dug this "vintage" crack/dope pipe up at this old property. :laughing9:
My oldest coin was a 1948 wheat (whoopie :-\ ) , but I did get a pocket spill worth $1.35. ;D
I think the spoon handle is silver, but this piece has no markings.
Nothing exciting yet, but I'm hoping next trip turns up something better. :dontknow:
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

-MM-
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3591.webp
    DSCN3591.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,142
  • DSCN3592.webp
    DSCN3592.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,143
  • DSCN3595.webp
    DSCN3595.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,156
  • DSCN3596.webp
    DSCN3596.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,139
  • DSCN3597.webp
    DSCN3597.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,137
  • DSCN3598.webp
    DSCN3598.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,124
  • MVC-089S.webp
    MVC-089S.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • MVC-090S.webp
    MVC-090S.webp
    23 KB · Views: 1,136
  • MVC-091S.webp
    MVC-091S.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,138
  • MVC-092S.webp
    MVC-092S.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,127
  • MVC-093S.webp
    MVC-093S.webp
    17 KB · Views: 1,130
  • MVC-094S.webp
    MVC-094S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,128
Upvote 0
Nashoba said:
ModernMiner said:
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Watch out with the dope pipe. It's considered paraphernalia and you could be busted for just having it. The licence plated roof is cool. Here's wishing you your first LC Doug. Wishing you the best Thanksgiving also my man. :hello:
Chris

Chris,
That's why I mailed it out to YOU yesterday. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks buddy,
Doug

OMG I almost fell off my chair when I read this.

Hey Modern, tell those folks I'll take the house. Man what a piece of property THAT would be to get ahold of.
Nice reading your post my friend. As far as your whatsit goes, I also think it is a part of an old fishing lure, but not a modern spinner bait.
They used to make some real goofy bass lures years ago as I am sure you already know.
Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

Trying to get back into the SWING of things :P

~Nash~

Nash,
Great to see you posting again big guy. :thumbsup: I miss seeing your finds.
You may be right on the lure piece, as that seems to be the popular vote.
Have a good one buddy,
MM

ivan salis said:
you do know that some folks collect old car plates you know -- to put on the old rebuilt cars for car shows ;D :wink: :icon_thumright: gold mine !!

theres gotta be cash around there look at the money he saved on roofing shingles alone.-- clearly a tightwad recycling sort of person

don't ask me how I know it but --- thats a old "pot" pipe mid 70's era -- bigger bowl -- stash grass in the center when you smoked -- it filtered the smoke and made the grass in the middle stronger when smoked later --while it might be legal to smoke tobacco in em (thus legal to sell em)--the residue in the bowl of it most likely isn;t tobacco based. and thus could possibly get you busted. ;D

Thanks Ivan,
I won't ask you how you know, :wink: but thanks for the pipe 101 class. :tongue3: I seem to remember something about that stuff as a teen in the 70's, but it's a bit foggy for some reason. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :tongue3:
-MM-
 
wow!
The plates on the roofs of those buildings could be worth several thousand by themselves..lol...
If they were put on upside down where the printing and paint was toward the building, they could still be in fair condition, and also some early plates bring lots more money... they can be restored, and people do that all the time.

it would be well worth it for the owners to reroof the buildings and sell the plates, they would come out way ahead on the deal!
 
the plate thing is true i got some old ny plates that i found ill pot pics later
 
Happy Thanksgiving Doug! That is a cool looking site and I like your finds ... wishing you even better luck in the future ~ Jimmy
 
Those roofs have got to be VERY cool finds!!!
Can't help with the whatsit.
 
I dont think the pipe is colonial or a crack pipe, probaly marijuana. some of those license plates are likley pretty rare. Nice Hunt
 
Wow, all liscense plates on the roof ?!

Two hours is not nearly enough time to score on that site.

Hope all is well with the Synders. We are doing well although we were planning on spending Thanksgiving with my aunt in Maryland but her mother was killed in a car accident two days before.

Rachel is still holding off the boys for now... :icon_thumleft:

Give Suds a treat for me.

Bob
 
MM!!! you found a crack pipe... shady stuff going on up in NC huh?!
(hope you had a happy turkey day)
Kel
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom