I love my little detecting buddy but he doesnt know it...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my little detecting buddy but he doesn't know it...

I had some time today and went out on a fairly quick hunt. At first I was detecting a lot that I have been searching the past two outings. I only had found a Memorial penny spill, which was fairly deep. Across the road was the sidewalk and easement that my hunting buddy had detected this past Saturday. Being the gracious person that I am, I let him hunt it all alone. It is about 6 feet before it drops down into the ditch and about 100 feet long. I noticed that no one was home at the house where the sidewalks runs, so I decided to take advantage of the moment and detect the easement. I didn't think that I would find anything because he had just found a few wheat pennies. I guess I was wrong.

I noticed right off the bat that I was digging wheat pennies and then I found two clad quarters in quick succession. Further up the sidewalk there was a section taken out from a long time ago which is approximately 7 feet. This is where I found the silver dime and 3-4 more wheat cents.

I just love my hunting buddy for leaving all this. I am afraid to tell him. Perhaps I need to give him a big hug and not tell him why.

All told here is what I found:

10 40s-50s wheat cents
1948 Silver Roosevelt dime
1919 Buffalo Nickel
1939 Jefferson Nickel
1943 1 Anna Coin
$1.39 in clad

I also have a cuff link that I am cleaning that may be gold. I am not sure yet.

20141112_100342_resized.jpg 20141112_100821_resized.jpg

20141112_161849_resized.jpg 20141112_161858_resized.jpg 20141112_162116_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5
Uhm....not sure you should give him a hug and not tell him why, unless you just don't want to hunt with him again, lol! Tearouts are one thing I haven't tried yet. We had a complete street ripped up and I just couldn't find the right time to do it. Congrats on getting those before they were covered up again.

Congrats nice finds!
You may want to suggest he check his settings or his detector. Have a side by side comparison on a known target. If all checks out, then go to the head of the class for being a better MD'er!

Old dude tear outs often hide real good stuff, make time. They fence them off here lately. I found a Barber dime and a LC in one some years back.

Nice, glad you found some good stuff

Congrats nice finds!
You may want to suggest he check his settings or his detector. Have a side by side comparison on a known target. If all checks out, then go to the head of the class for being a better MD'er!

Old dude tear outs often hide real good stuff, make time. They fence them off here lately. I found a Barber dime and a LC in one some years back.

He used both a V3I and an Etrac. I think the problem is that he gets in too much of a hurry and won't either hear or investigate all sounds. This past weekend I gave him first dibs at an old stump where I found some wheats and then 5 minutes after he gave up, I found two silver dimes back to back around 12 feet from it.

BTW, almost everything was found NEXT to the sidewalk. Next I mean less than a foot and they were solid signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back