Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even quite dry yet. Only good thing of the day. I know It's only a lowly NY officer's button, but my first one with shank and this much gold. Scovills Mfg. Co New York backmark. new york.jpg

Upvote 26
Would have made my day![emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

The rest of the digs were ration can pieces or old time shotgun shell bases. This one sounded just like a shotgun shell.

Very nice! That would make most smile digging it up.

#jealous! Nice find!!!

Gotta dig shotgun shell reading for that exact reason. Me, my nemesis is .22 LR casings... keep hoping for a button and ending up with a .22 casing. Over, and over, and over. :unhappysmiley:

That's One pretty n.y.,would have had me smiling.

I'm going to save the shotgun bases and see if I can date them. They were all paper with the brass 1" or higher bottoms. My nemesis is the 30-30 or 30-06 shell casings at my friends house. He lets me detect and the house was put in before 1770. And he loves to throw aluminum cans away as he's driving his farm tractor. I'll have you know I have saved a zillion of those cans from the dirty, wet ground.

Great find! I like finding pretty much anything that comes off of a uniform, I even like looking up the old shotgun shell headstamps, some of the one I have turned out to have very narrow date ranges from the late 1800's and early 1900's. The true treasure is what you learn along the way.

That's a great looking button. I would have liked to have dug that one.

Beauty ! Nice find :icon_thumleft:

Nice find. I believe date of manufacture is the 1850s.

aj

That is awesome! Excellent condition! Congrats!

Congrats, that's in great shape. I dug one a few years ago but it had been hit by a plow

Awesome button recovery! :occasion14:

Awsome NY! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back