I must be getting good ! LOL

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
I must be getting good with my new ACE 250 cause today I dug 2 pulltabs in the same hole :o ;D. Then I dug a nickle signal and guess what it was actually a nickle! I think I am starting to get this thing down. The pin pointing still gives me fits every once in a while.

on a side note:
Tomorrow I get to go down south to my families ranch and check out a couple of old home sites that have never been detected. All thats left of the first one is the chimney. The house has been gone since long before I was born. We have 5 old home sites that I know of on our place and maybe a few more that I don't know about and none of them have been occupied in at least 30-40 years. I can't wait to get out there in the morning.

We also have a cave that we call Devil's Kitchen. There are markings on the walls with the names or initials of people who have been there and dates when they were there. The oldest one is in the 1890's if I remember right and the newest was in the 1930's. I will have to wait to go there again until it gets cold and the rattlesnakes bed down for the winter, lots of them through there. My dad said he killed 3 this week.

I will take the camera and get some pics for you guys. ;)

HH
Mr.T

Upvote 0

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ACE250 will give a very subtle difference in tone on a nickel versus most pulltabs. You will learn to tell the difference after a few months of it. The nickel tone is just a little lower toned than the tone for most pulltabs. Also, I have found that when the target ID reads nickel, and doesn't bounce around, it is almost always a nickel, while a pulltab or gold item will bounce the target ID around just a bit. Keep at it, you'll learn to tell them apart in no time! HH!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snakes will hole up in the cave and there will be many more of them then. Wear snake chaps or boots.

OP
OP
mr.theman

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
The cave is really only big enough for two people to fit in and wouldn't make a good snake den so no need to worry there. I don't know if its even big enough to be considered a cave.

I posted my finds and some pics on todays finds.

HH
Mr.T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions