What's new

I must get the title of President of the 1970 Club

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something Shiny in the tellers tray. The edge of the coin is so clean that that
it does not look silver but clad. I asked, " Can I buy that one". The teller said, "yes".

It is beauty a 1970 S Proof Kenn. It is impaired since it has been used but take a look and you all
decide. I am giving it a minimun of PF 68 or PF 69.

Darth Walker
 

Attachments

  • kenn1970S.webp
    kenn1970S.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 569
Upvote 0
You have found a bunch lately right?? I've found 3 coins from the 1800s' but I can't nab me one of those.
 
Niyi Angelo
I have found Just 3 good halves lately

1976 S Silver Bissentenial Kenn
2009 S Silver NGC PF 70 Ultra Cameo Kenn
and
1970 S Proof (est by me PF 68)

DW
 
Ahh ok. I thought I saw someone post on here the other day about finding 10 of the 1970s' in one go.
 
nyiangelo said:
Ahh ok. I thought I saw someone post on here the other day about finding 10 of the 1970s' in one go.

That was me, but it was only 9 of them. Hopefully, I will figure out how to operate my camera so I can post a good pic of them. For the most part, mine are almost or just as nice as Darth's. I think phrostie found a 70 recently too.
Yesterday, found 10 cameo proof S's ranging in date from 1980 up to 99.
I wonder how all of these are getting into circulation.
 
davew0710 said:
nyiangelo said:
Ahh ok. I thought I saw someone post on here the other day about finding 10 of the 1970s' in one go.

That was me, but it was only 9 of them. Hopefully, I will figure out how to operate my camera so I can post a good pic of them. For the most part, mine are almost or just as nice as Darth's. I think phrostie found a 70 recently too.
Yesterday, found 10 cameo proof S's ranging in date from 1980 up to 99.
I wonder how all of these are getting into circulation.
Just as they always have......collections being turned in or dumped. ffd
 
I found a 70 recently but it was Denver mint. Still missing the San Fran mint. Good find ya got there Darth
 
Nice pickup on the clad 70 S. Another hard to get coin in the wild. And great shape.
 
Very nice find. Kudos !

However, as has been suggested more than a few times on this forum, don't ask " Can I buy that one". Buy them all. It's when we get selective, tellers begin to ask questions, and that could be the beginning of the end for all of us.

Again, very nice find.
 
Darth, found one last night in one of my weekly bags. Really stood out and is extreamly shiney compared to the other silver 40%'s. For minute it looked like a chrome plated half, but you could clearly see the copper on the edge.
Also found what appeared to be a chrome plated 64, guess silver is silver...:)
 
When my tellers have halves, I take them. ALL of them. Even if I can see that they are all clad, I take them all. If it is only one, and I can seeit is 1976 by the back ... I take it.

I want them to know I take ALL havles, so they will keep the halves for ME. I don't want them guessing whether the one they have will or will not be one I want. So taking them all makes it easy for them.

They save halves for me all the time. Even refuse to give them to other people at times, so they can save them fo rme. Gotta love that! :-)

take them all though. Always.
 
that's gotta be worth a little cheddar, being a 70S in what looks to be absolutely pristine shape. Awesome find!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom