I Nearly Killed Myself Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I woke up this morning with a crick in my neck and a sore knee, so I decided that I would stay home and recoup. After looking at the weather and seeing rain coming in for the next few days I decided to go detecting today and rest while it's raining. At the time it sounded like a great plan.

I decided to go back to the two sites that I detected last and found so many silver coins. The sites are across the street from one another. I swung and dug for hours but I couldn't get my search coil over a silver coin for the life of me.

Finally, I gave up on those two sites and decided to leave. As I was heading out of the subdivision I saw a guy out in his front yard who gave me permission awhile back to detect his yard.

I stopped to say hello and he invited me to detect his yard again. I told him no thanks I've been over it twice. Then he said why don't you detect the corner lot across the street. I said that I don't know the owner of the property and he said no problem the owner is a friend of his and he lives out of town and he won't mind at all.

I was real happy about getting to detect this particular corner lot, because it's across the street from the corner a lot that I detected last year and found 10 silver coins. Finding a single silver coin to keep the silver streak going should be a breeze. I swung and dug and I couldn't find a single silver coin so I loaded up and headed for the house.

On my way home I saw a likely spot for a silver coin. I made a few sweeps and got my search coil over a Rosie. I was so tired and wore out that I didn't want to find another silver coin, so I loaded up and headed for home. I'm not going detecting again until I rest up some.

This was hunt #21 for the year. I found a 1959 Rosie, 12 Wheat Pennies, and a bunch modern coins. The grand total for the year on silver coins is 68.

tabman

F75DST%20Single%20Dime%20002_zpssu0irkx9.jpg

F75DST%20Single%20Dime%20004_zpstqga4ckp.jpg

F75DST%20Single%20Dime%20009_zps9ditdlwr.jpg

F75DST%20Single%20Dime%20006_zpsblqk44xl.jpg

Upvote 22

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did fine today!

Having to find a silver in an obsessive manner can and does cause lots of problems for people.
Always remember that absolutely NO coin is worth what could be lost.

Stay safe!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
wow, 68 silvers in 21 trips? That's a superb record.

Also, be careful with the dirt rubbing... can see quite a few hairlines on the obverse of that dime.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding silver!
68 silvers is great!

I have actually detected, uh hmm..."over my physical limit" and wonder "if" I actually made it back to the truck, could I drive home. And I was finding only clad.....we are an obsessed group! :D

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very productive hunt!

I know what you mean about detecting, been out hunting for the last five days about 6 hours per day; boy you have to love the mild weather! My wife thinks I have a problem...perhaps. :laughing7:

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with that kind of determination!!! A small silver is certainly better than none at all!!:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Everyone! It's cold wet and raining and will be for the next few days. I can recoup during this time and get back after it when the pretty weather gets here.

tabman

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you guys are killing me with all this silver!! The ground is almost thawed here!!! Great finds!! Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you guys are killing me with all this silver!! The ground is almost thawed here!!! Great finds!! Thanks for posting!

Thanks. Our Summertime weather sucks around here. We hardly ever shut down for frozen ground.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
68 silver coins. That's just sick.

And here I sit, in the West. with no silver coins EVER. But... I've found 14 gold rings in the last 12 months. There is that. :)

Thanks. I'd take gold rings any day over silver coins. I lucked up and found 3 14k rings dirt fishing so far this year.

tabman

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a few silvers and glad you're getting out. I know what you mean about being so tired and with only 2 hours detecting this year and under 10 hours last year, when I get out for a couple hours it gets harder and harder to get up after digging a target. Getting out of the water is rough sometimes when I haven't been detecting regularly and the old body is stiff. A nice silver makes the pain more acceptable and gold rings really make up for it quite a bit. HH.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And the streak continues. :occasion14: I see that your F75 is a camera hog. It gets in more pictures that your other detectors.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a few silvers and glad you're getting out. I know what you mean about being so tired and with only 2 hours detecting this year and under 10 hours last year, when I get out for a couple hours it gets harder and harder to get up after digging a target. Getting out of the water is rough sometimes when I haven't been detecting regularly and the old body is stiff. A nice silver makes the pain more acceptable and gold rings really make up for it quite a bit. HH.

You make me look sick! I get 2-4 hours a week in detecting time :eek: go for it I'm happy for Ya!!!

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the red white and blue hot wheels car, coins are over rated lol nice haul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread