I need a new metal detector

Waynea

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2022
Just my opinion, for ease of operation, my Teknetics T2 classic can’t be beat. There are much better detectors out there, but I find myself using the T2 often just because it’s easy to use ..

Waynea

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2022
I was over at Garrett Metal Detectors the other day, played with the Garrett Ace Apex machine … multi-freq and very light. I may consider one for myself soon. It’s a little more complicated in ergonomics, but not too bad at all

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing is complicated unless one goes digging into the programs.
Every company seems to have preset factory settings. The middle of the road.
Push the On-detect.
Off-Time to go home.
Remember K.I.S.S

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of folks highly extoll the Simplex+ as being easy to use and a lot of bang for the buck. Scroll down the forums list and stop at "Brands". It,s a whole forum dedicated to different detectors.Lots of info there.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it appears that my 10+ year old Ace 250 has bit the dust. I want to get another detector, but not sure which one. I only go detecting a few time a year. I want one that is easy to use. Any ideas?
I would get the quest x10 pro. I have one and a Minelab vanquish 540 pro pack. The x10 pro is on par with the vanquish v8 coil in my opinion. It is widely used in England and other countries. At $200 it is an amazing detector. Takes a while to learn but a lightweight fun machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread