I need a portable pocket radio without an external antenna and with an external speaker

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend on suicide watch who would like a radio. The hospital won't allow anything with cords, earbuds, or external antennas. Does anybody know if they make such a thing?
I haven,t looked it up but I bet you can still get one at Best Buy or the like.Maybe a pawn shop might be a good place to look too. One of those old transistor AM/FM radios from the 60s-70s time.Good luck to you both,really feel for your friend,hope he works it out!

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
A real quick look at the Best Buy website shows several small ones with no external antenna and with internal speaker around the 20.00 to 30.00 dollar range.
Trouble is, I can't seem to find one without the telescoping antenna. I'll keep looking.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Plenty of pocket radios that you can take/break off the telescoping antenna.

Am/fm radios the am antenna is internal while the telescoping is for fm. Breaking off the telescoping antenna can still work with some aluminum foil while the am is ineffected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions