I need help figuring out the age of this KeenKutter Axe head we found burried in NE G

Rexfox

Dec 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's a Keen Kutter due to the text, but unlike every example I can find it has no other markings and no wedge logo.

Anyone have any clue? 20191208_085022.jpg
20191208_085140.jpg
20191208_085042.jpg

Keen Kutter axes originate from the late 19th century and were produced until its trademark owner Val-Test curbed the Keen Kutter lineup of goods in the 1990s. Beware that due to their collectability, thousands of reproductions were produced in china.

Welcome from Texas :wave:

Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Rexfox! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

teacher.gif
2nd - I pulled these from other TN threads...

A Practical Ax Manual Brief History of the Ax.
Here are a few pictures - a bunch more on the website

Axe Head (Mar 18, 2010)

Hammer (Better Pics) (Feb 20, 2008)

Can someone give me some information on an axe head (Nov 08, 08:57 AM)

Upvote 0
Without even looking at all the amazing info offered by vpnavy, stylistically your axe-head dates to the late-19thc. :thumbsup:

Nice find,
Dave

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back