What's new

I need help finding a outhouse most likely many.

Hunter1805

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
309
Reaction score
677
Golden Thread
0
Location
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
The site was a very old railroad park far into the woods. It dates from 1863 to 1893. Some weekends had 20 thousand people. They came on trains foot and buggy. The park had it all. Now I have been looking for just about 20 years for at least one out house. ... The graph are rocks where buildings were. Please help me out. I have drilled over 150 holes in every swale of land I could find. I used a 2 inch and 4 inch bit and went down 2-4 feet with no luck..... Looking for Direction .. Thanks Jim
 

Attachments

I get only one Treasure is gold with silver, look are coins ..its aprox. 2 meters near a Tree
I searched loose silver objects and get nothing
If you find the Treasure take a photo and send it to me
If you payme a reward will be nice :coins:$$$
..good luck :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • Hunter1805-INeedHelp.webp
    Hunter1805-INeedHelp.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Not dowsing related, but being experienced in locating old outhouse pits by noticing signs on the surface..... if the land has not been filled in since it was a park, outhouse holes sink over time due to composting of the contents. You will notice recessed squares in the ground. Sometimes there are remnants of stone walls that served as foundations. Check and see if there was a Sanborn fire map that covered that area as well. That will show where all the buildings were. My next thought would be to see if you can locate a LIDAR map covering that area and look for small squares or rectangles. LIDAR shows variances in the elevation of the land surface. Being that it was a park there may have been multiple seat/larger outhouses. Good luck.
 
Downwind from the house might be a good place to start. And relatively close to the house: consider rain, sleet and snow conditions--how far do you want to walk?

Don in SoCal
He said it was a park, not a house.
 
We just ought a GPR unit.... Ground Penetrating Radar.. Now we have a chance
 
Thanks guys for your insight .. I will keep you posted as we move forward with the new toy...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom