What's new

I need help identifying this coin.

Lazier1991

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 17, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been going crazy all day looking on the internet as i found it laying around on the ground and my family and i have never seen it, i showed it to friends and put it on facebook to see if my many friends have ever seen one as i got no answer
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20160917-211229.webp
    Screenshot_20160917-211229.webp
    76 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20160917-211235.webp
    Screenshot_20160917-211235.webp
    138.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 6
I don't think it's a coin, but rather a merchant or game token.
 
Ive looked everywhere i even went and looked at game tokens and they have on the back no cash value..
 
Any small initials on the front?
 
I believe it's a Ballys Tim Foolery arcade token. They were similar to Chucky Cheese.
 
No initials on it just the tomfoolery
 
Ive also looked that up as it popped up with tomfoolery and i have not seen that coin/token thing anywhere
 
Last edited:
But wouldnt it say no cash value on it no matter how old it is?
 
But wouldnt it say no cash value on it no matter how old it is?

No, I have lots and lots of arcade tokens that do not have that saying.
 
Chuck E Cheese, Dave & Busters and Namco are three I found in my collection so far that don't have those words.

I have found 4 in my collection with the same star and horseshoe back. Mine all say No Cash Value on the reverse side though.
 
Last edited:
I didn't find a Tom Foolery token but I did find two more examples of the star side of your token. I agree that it is a Bally's arcade token given out for good luck. Both examples I found were listed as good luck tokens.
 

Attachments

  • lucky-star-horseshoe-lucky-token-2g898-carry-me-good-luck_391493223397.webp
    lucky-star-horseshoe-lucky-token-2g898-carry-me-good-luck_391493223397.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 130
  • il_570xN.344137453.webp
    il_570xN.344137453.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom