What's new

I need help on a safety patrol badge age.

Mich. Wolverine

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
606
Reaction score
414
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
I have looked on the web and can't find one like it. I asked an older guy that was in the safety patrol in the 50's and he don't remember the badges looking like this one. Can someone give me some info on the date it was used. The company on the back is Bastian Bros. co. Rochester N.Y. and the badge is a couple millimeters thick.
Thanks for any help.

Wolverine.
 

Attachments

  • SANY0392 badge 1 (838x1024)b1 (686x838) (3) (521x636).webp
    SANY0392 badge 1 (838x1024)b1 (686x838) (3) (521x636).webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 396
  • SANY0393 badge 2 (873x1024) (2) (714x838) (542x636).webp
    SANY0393 badge 2 (873x1024) (2) (714x838) (542x636).webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 363
  • SANY0392 badge 1 (838x1024)b1 (686x838) (3) (521x636).webp
    SANY0392 badge 1 (838x1024)b1 (686x838) (3) (521x636).webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 308
  • SANY0393 badge 2 (873x1024) (2) (714x838) (542x636).webp
    SANY0393 badge 2 (873x1024) (2) (714x838) (542x636).webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 309
I can't help with the actual age, but my guess would be in the late 1940's. Here are two that sold previously on Ebay. Notice that the top bade is hallmarked by" BASTIAN BROS.CO. ROCHESTER N.Y. " That company is still in business today. Here is their website:

http://www.bastiancompany.com/about.shtml

Under the "Contact Us" section they give an email address of:

bastian@bastiancompany.com

You could probably write to them directly and include a photo of the badge, and perhaps they could provide you with an accurate date.

Good Luck and congratulations on the nice find!
 

Attachments

  • badge.webp
    badge.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Creskol. :thumbsup: I found it last week about 6" deep. It was laying face down so I think that's why it came out of the ground in such good condition. I looked for 3 hours on the web with no luck. Guess I should of put school patrol instead of safety patrol. :dontknow:
Thanks again.
Wolverine.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom