I need some help Sag

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Are any of these coins worth anything?

image-2706246917.jpg

My grandpa had two boxes full of foreign coins in his coin collection. These are just three of the older ones out of the handful that I kept.

Upvote 0
Nothing special about the 1918 penny, no mintmark on it. Worth a couple of cents or up to $1 if you're really lucky. Has pretty heavy wear and some ghosting on it so it would be hard to sell for more than 50 cents.

1944 Mexico 20 centavos- $0.10
1918 UK 1 penny- Generic had given you a good value
1949-B France 5 francs- $2.50 (assuming XF)

Show the other coins too. I can PM you with my e-mail, and you can show me the coins. Also, questions like these should go to the Coins forum, I read that too.

Thanks for the help guys. This summer ill be going back to my grandmas house. She lets my brother and I have a few coins of each denomination from my grandpas collection each year. I don't know why she won't let us have them all at once but in another two to three years it will be cleaned out. However she said that we can have any of the foreign coins that we want. Both of the boxes are about 5x5x3 and are full of coins. Ill bring them back with me this year. Last year year my brother found a flying eagle in the box!

Thanks for the help guys! Sag ill PM you if I have any more interesting ones.

44 Dimes,
Being a grandparent myself, I can guess "why she won't let us have them all at once".
She retains the balance of the collection as 'bait' so you and your brother make a point of visiting her each year.
Don.....

Haha yeah that may be true. Just kidding. I love getting to see her. Every year my family has a big reunion at her house. All of my relatives are really cool and it is defiantly my favorite week of the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back