I need suggestions - Looking to add a lightweight light for my AT PRo's screen.

Well, one possibility would be to mount your baseball hat light somehow on the detector. Another possible light might be a small, battery-operated christmas light. In either case, you could tape the light on top of the box with the light(s) slightly sticking over the edge, lighting up your controls and display. You'd have to experiment in order to not have too much light or glare to see your display. Make sure to place a shield on top of the LED(s) to keep the light from blinding you as you look. A shield could be something as simple as a piece of dark tape stuck to the top of the LED(s).

Yes, that IS a strange thing to have no light on a machine that needs to be seen to be used. ....Could always get a Tesoro!! :headbang:

Dunno if you've run across this or not:
AT Pro-luminator
I found the site when I was looking into back lighting for my T2.

p.s. I have no affiliation with the seller or the site.

Seems to me the main problem with beaming light at any display might be glare drowning out what you are trying to see, which is why the edge light them in factory lit models.

You got me curious though, think I may tinker with my AT or 400 and see if I can install an edge LED in the housing. Should be easy enough to wire up but perhaps no practical place to mount it by the LED display.

I've just been using a headlamp on a strap. If I'm wearing a hat I wear it backwards and I can wear it over a toque. Headphones go over the strap of course. I didn't want the extra weight on my arm and when digging, it's shining where I'm looking. I bought one of the ones with the red light so my night vision is better and I can't be seen as far away.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480542925.415187.jpg

Last edited:
I'm personally thinking as long as the LED is taped with electrical tape over the top display, it'll not glare in your eye, and it "should" illuminate the display.. >I forgot to grab the gear today... will try to remember tomorrow...

I prefer making internal mods just so it doesn't look ghetto, plus thin wires running over the control box doesn't sound like they'd last very long ,,, But if you do it, post the results.

Oh a batt ok, mine I'd rig right into the machine.
So long as its functional its fine, I just have a hard time doing anything half arsed, probably due to years and years of union training and my own creative mindset.

I found a led light on Ebay -$3.00 mounted it to my glove cuff,''some adjusting then works great. don't need it all the time Perry

I bought a small mag lite and zip tied it to the arm strap. Works perfectly and I start hunting as early as 4am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back