What's new

I predict......

Diggit

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
831
Reaction score
132
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That in the next 50 years or so, the earliest "zinc" pennies will go up in value to detectorists.

Just look at the condition they come out of the ground in.. A few years in the ground simply DECIMATES them, turning them into a corroded mess. they don't hold up NEARLY as well as a copper penny.
 
50 years??? I think you're being too generous there unless it's lost in a desert. After 3-4 years there's little copper left and 1/2 the coin is already eaten away
 
50 years??? I think you're being too generous there unless it's lost in a desert. After 3-4 years there's little copper left and 1/2 the coin is already eaten away

Yeah, I may have been too generous.
 
I think that in if the zincs stay in the ground 50 years, they will have dissolved away. Only my 2 zinc cents worth.
 
No problem. Our autonomous robomole will be bringing up silver coins from eight feet deep while we watch on a ground-penetrating radar monitor at home.
 
I folder any new mint state ones I find, knowing that in fifty years, they will be worth about five or ten cents, and I wont have to buy them if I want them. I'll be six feet under anyway. There are people out there that keep rolls and rolls of new coins from the banks. Not gonna be worth much, ever. Unless you happen upon a die error.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom