I Promise to..........

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
.........start playing nice on this forum. I will not to be judgemental, rude or offensive. I've turned over a new leaf. I have started by changing my forum name. This hobby has changed since I started so I guess it is time for me to change too and roll with the punches. I apologize to all I might have offended. Who knows, maybe I will start posting my finds again :-*

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"We accept him, we accept him, one of us, one of us!"

First williepurdue becomes Codes, now awhitster is Silver_Fox.

The times, they are a-changin'!

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Immy said:
"We accept him, we accept him, one of us, one of us!"

First williepurdue becomes Codes, now awhitster is Silver_Fox. Change is good...
Yuo can be anything you want on the internet....LOL :icon_king:

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
Silver_Fox said:
.........start playing nice on this forum. I will not to be judgemental, rude or offensive. I've turned over a new leaf. I have started by changing my forum name. This hobby has changed since I started so I guess it is time for me to change too and roll with the punches. I apologize to all I might have offended. Who knows, maybe I will start posting my finds again :-*

Nice.... its just coins right? :) To all the old timers who posted their finds when I first came here I appreciate it, it was inspiring. Best hobby ever.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Silver_Fox said:
I've turned over a new leaf. I have started by changing my forum name. This hobby has changed since I started so I guess it is time for me to change too and roll with the punches. I apologize to all I might have offended. Who knows, maybe I will start posting my finds again :-*
ME2! New name might bring some new luck. Here's a pic of 10 or 12 skunks I found last week. On a positive note while dumping this AM my favorite teller had to show off 20 Bens she rescued from the hopper on the coin counter. Anyways she said she was gonna take them to the coin shop and sell them- I said I would give her more than he would. Going back Monday to get them. Might be nice having a teller or two scrounging silver for ME since the boxes are mostly dumps. In hindsight I should have asked if I could buy the first bag back as the bank I was in a hurry to get to forgot to order ME boxes.
HH Mark
DSCN1452.jpg

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Silver Stripe said:
Silver_Fox said:
I've turned over a new leaf. I have started by changing my forum name. This hobby has changed since I started so I guess it is time for me to change too and roll with the punches. I apologize to all I might have offended. Who knows, maybe I will start posting my finds again :-*
ME2! New name might bring some new luck.
Hey I like that new name. Wait, don't SKUNKS have a silver stripe?

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Silver_Fox said:
Silver Stripe said:
Silver_Fox said:
SKUNKS ain't got NO Silver!
Thats what I say when I'm opennin the rolls- "Come on Silver Stripe!" HH Mark

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You make me proud AW...errrr SF....man, this is going to take a little time to get used to.....ha!

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Silver Stripe said:
Silver_Fox said:
Silver Stripe said:
Silver_Fox said:
SKUNKS ain't got NO Silver!
Thats what I say when I'm opennin the rolls- "Come on Silver Stripe!" HH Mark
Whoops, silly me. I guess skunks have a white stripe...LOL

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
SF, you are one of the more determined and hardcharging hunters on this forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your finds.. Maybe even a Barber?? Oh, and HH! :wink: Gpurs...

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
GPURS said:
SF, you are one of the more determined and hardcharging hunters on this forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your finds.. Maybe even a Barber?? Oh, and HH! :wink: Gpurs...
Believe me, if...............change that to WHEN I find a Barber you will know......it will be like the shot heard around the world.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I guess I would be Dr. Silver then with all the new names. Na just kidding, I'm not changing my name but glad to see everyone is still plugging away. You can't stop the competition but I for one just don't see the need for me to post any year results, or average finds. I don't consider myself greedy, however I'm not simply going to just give away my techniques. I joined this forum to see how other people already doing this were doing, not to teach newcomers how. If that is offensive, well there's plenty of other posts on this forum to find out that info. Seems the finds have been dropping pretty low in 2008 so far but it's not always about that. I'll keep posting and reading all the other posts on here as well, I find it quite interesting.

SF, good luck finding your Barber, I have been through over 200K in halves from boxes and have not found one yet, but I got 2 of them in 1998 from hand rolls, so technically I am on the 'Barber board' but it'd be a real thrill to pull one from a box. What I'd really like to get this year is a commemorative, as I've already found my missing links, the 70D and 87D (actually 2 of them this year). Maybe fill in a few more empty proof spots, too. I pulled an '84S last week, which was my first new proof this year. The other denoms have been good to me so far as well, as I've pulled my oldest dime from a box and got my oldest nickel so far as well. Guess that about sums up my year so far.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
DrDetector said:
I guess I would be Dr. Silver then with all the new names. Na just kidding, I'm not changing my name but glad to see everyone is still plugging away. You can't stop the competition but I for one just don't see the need for me to post any year results, or average finds. I don't consider myself greedy, however I'm not simply going to just give away my techniques. I joined this forum to see how other people already doing this were doing, not to teach newcomers how. If that is offensive, well there's plenty of other posts on this forum to find out that info. Seems the finds have been dropping pretty low in 2008 so far but it's not always about that. I'll keep posting and reading all the other posts on here as well, I find it quite interesting.

SF, good luck finding your Barber, I have been through over 200K in halves from boxes and have not found one yet, but I got 2 of them in 1998 from hand rolls, so technically I am on the 'Barber board' but it'd be a real thrill to pull one from a box. What I'd really like to get this year is a commemorative, as I've already found my missing links, the 70D and 87D (actually 2 of them this year). Maybe fill in a few more empty proof spots, too. I pulled an '84S last week, which was my first new proof this year. The other denoms have been good to me so far as well, as I've pulled my oldest dime from a box and got my oldest nickel so far as well. Guess that about sums up my year so far.
You meant S_F.

I'm SF and I've found a ton of silver dimes and quarters but halves elude me. One of these days.

SF

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Silver Fox said:
DrDetector said:

You meant S_F.

I'm SF and I've found a ton of silver dimes and quarters but halves elude me. One of these days.

SF

My bad. No disrespect meant.

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Silver Fox said:
SF
Keep plugging away Silver Fox, you'll find some silver in those 1/2 rolls. HH, S_F, aka, Silver_Fox

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Silver_Fox said:
Silver Fox said:
SF
Keep plugging away Silver Fox, you'll find some silver in those 1/2 rolls. HH, S_F, aka, Silver_Fox
It's getting extremely difficult to get rolled halves from the bank particularly customer rolled ones. I asked a customer service rep to get me at least one roll and he came back empty. Serendipity is all that's left.

But I belong to that special club as I did get one. It's a thrill difficult to describe. But seeing that chunk of silver in the dirt in a hole is a high!

Silver Fox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions