What's new

I spy with my little eye...something silver

jopher

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
1,691
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Working some O.T. on the Southfield X-Way on Saturday. Checking some grades along the shoulder when I noticed something in the debris littering the edge of the road......could be a piece of junk......but looks kinda like.........Silver!
PICT0005.webp
Silver Siamese bracelet
PICT0006.webp
Weighs in at 76gm....Wow!
PICT0004.webp
Nice overtime bonus :headbang:
 
Neat find! I love them visuals!
 
Very cool! :hello2: Nice nab. WTG jopher. :thumbsup:

HH
 
Cool Silver bracelet find!! :thumbsup:
That must be about the furthest thing from my mind that I would imagine on the Southfield freeway :laughing7:
 
holy smokes!....you noticed that and stopped on the highway and picked that up? ...that's a pretty good eye right there! ....very nice! :thumbsup:
 
Hey that is neat! Congrats! I bet that might be worth a few pennies? :icon_thumleft:
 
Mackaydon said:
Thailand hasn't been called Siam since before 20 July 1949.
Don....
Although Siam lost its namesake to Thailand in the 40s , jewelry makers continued to use the Siam hallmark into the 80s.
 
Brentallica said:
Cool Silver bracelet find!! :thumbsup:
That must be about the furthest thing from my mind that I would imagine on the Southfield freeway :laughing7:
I know...I should be looking over my shoulder...not at the shoulder.
 
postalgriff said:
holy smokes!....you noticed that and stopped on the highway and picked that up? ...that's a pretty good eye right there! ....very nice! :thumbsup:
I wish that I were that "in tune".
I had parked my truck and was walking.
 
Hey Jopher,

You don't work for Dan's Excavating by chance do you? I got a friend who's working on the Southfield Freeway right now. Just wondering.

Deerhunter24
 
Nice Joe!!! I had a chance to see/hold this find and I couldn’t help but notice how hefty it was. All my silver finds from this summer didn't even equal what you spotted with your eye one time! Nice Job Joe & Beautiful Piece of Jewelry!
Keep up the Good Work- J
 
very nice bit of asian bling at least 1980's (although saim changed its name to thailand in 1949 --many silver crafters still used saim until the 1980's time frame )
 
Thats cool ! love those eye recoveries. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom