What's new

I sure had a great day!

deepbeep

Full Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
192
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
1913 Barber and an 1833 capped bust! Thanks for watching.
Tim

[youtube=425,350]kPc7yB8kaWQ[/youtube]
 
Awesome finds ~ 5 STARS!!!!
 
Those are nice finds. Especially the bust dime.

Just one suggestion. DO NOT RUB THEM. I cringed when you did that. You did the right thing by using water but you still rubbed them. You can see the fine scratches from that action in the photos.

Mark S.
 
Thanks for sharing. Those are some very nice finds. Good job on the video.
 
Great day of hunting, but at times, it sounded like the alarm clock from Hell. DFX make no bad noise. Make good noise. Soothing noise. A pleasant, smellable noise. Pinpointer sounded great when it hit. You must have had a blast when you realized it was a Capped.
Carl
 
Mark S. said:
Those are nice finds. Especially the bust dime.

Just one suggestion. DO NOT RUB THEM. I cringed when you did that. You did the right thing by using water but you still rubbed them. You can see the fine scratches from that action in the photos.

Mark S.
Right. those fine scratches will degrade a coin. I always carry a medicine bottle or a plastic 50 cent coin tube with a screw top. I put a piece paper towel and some cotton in it. If I find a silver coin I wet the paper towel and wrap the coin in that and put it in the bottom of the tube. The same with a pewter button.
 
That bust dime is fanastic!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom