I tend to agree...

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Nothing is ever hunted out. However there are places I choose never to go again. As in Florida, but thats another story. I spent a good 2 months of field time with my new V3i. I spent the better part of a month reviewing the cd that came with it. then apply it in the field. The other month in places that were hunted to death. I was in a place that I never had been in and just by what I was finding I knew that this park had seen many a swinger. I found that All the coins I found were no deeper than 2 inches. At three inches There there was a blue layer of clay . Then I got a bout 40 nickels and one was a 1898 vin the clay. So I read a thread on here that said nothing is ever hunted out until He says it is, I will go one better . Nothing is ever hunted out til me and my V have covered every square inch . Even then I have missed something

Awesome, Keep the V3i humming.

While it maybe impossible to ever "hunt out" a site, after I have worked a site several times from end to end, there's not enough good targets left to waste more time swinging.

Maybe when the next quantum leap in detecting tech comes out, but until then it's dead to me.

While it maybe impossible to ever "hunt out" a site, after I have worked a site several times from end to end, there's not enough good targets left to waste more time swinging.

Maybe when the next quantum leap in detecting tech comes out, but until then it's dead to me.

You got it . I go to old parks and start finding nickels then there might be the cherry pickers have hit them . However when you are finding nick's I will hunt there all day on the chance of goldie showing up. Harder and harder to find virgin ground. Just got to keep think outside the box these days .With restriction and all the stuf plaguing this hobby. Do not get me wrong I still know where I can get the occasional silver and ring find but I am always looking for new placess and sand bag good places for when I need a day to get me refocused.I never hunt out productive spots that know one knows about. that is not how I roll. thanks for the feed back UD"er

Rob

When you find only nickle that mean people with detector with out screen and high discrimination went threw the area.. only detectors with screen like an mxt,xlt,dfx,v3,v3i,and some mine lab etc-era,etc-era.. ,can knock out a nickle beep,but still read the v.d.i have an I con on the screen tell-in them what there passing up,and now they have an option to dig... that is one of the down falls of a beep an dig detectors, like a low end Tessoro, when you discriminate you passed it up not knowing what you pasted up...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back