All Treasure Hunting
I image.jpg might have found a meteorite by accident

Upvote 2

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Lately it seems TNET is getting trolled more often. We need to get this person with hotmazdagirl...maybe these two can put together a google starmap of gold and meteorite spots.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Shouldn't a guy calling himself Meteorite Hunter Pro know if it's the real deal? If it's real that's a cool find.

Thanks for sharing

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your a pro you should have a handful of them :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,first comment insinuated he was a troll,thats the way you welcome new members for sure
Yeah, that wasn't cool at all...unless he has proof that it was a fake post.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that wasn't cool at all...unless he has proof that it was a fake post.

I'd think that wasn't a very nice representation of this site regardless. Fake or real. There are ways to handle unwanted posts
without being vicious.

I hope the OP doesn't think bad of this site because of that "welcome".

I'd like to know more about the piece.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like flint... :icon_scratch: Does it stick to a magnet, does it have a fusion layer or side ? :dontknow: Take to a collage they will tell you. :thumbsup: If it is a meteorite its a big valuable one !! :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !!

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Before I begin, while it may be too little too late, I state out the outset I have sent a PM apology to the OP regarding same.

Well, seeing the posts to my initial response to the OP, I feel I should fall on my sword. I apologize to "Meteorite Hunter Pro" regarding his/her post. To tear into someone new to the site, regardless of their intent before definitively establishing a post as legit or not, is wrong and not reflective of Treasurenet and its wide community.

Having said that, I will concur with Scrappy's post (and in hindsight maybe my post should be been similar) by scratching my head when someone who labels themselves as "meteorite hunter pro" but then posts an ambiguous single image of a possible meteorite and then says they may have accidentally found a meteorite? To me that did not pass the wiff test and I responded accordingly. It seems to me that people were more than willing to call out someone, hotmazdagirl, for a fake post enough to warrant mod removal. I guess I thought this type of post was a little similar so I'm a little unclear as to what exactly the threshold is for calling bs when you think you see it?

The answer is self-moderation. Regardless of what I may think is wrong or right, I should still welcome those new to the site until its clearly demonstrated that a post is illegit and even at that point, still reserve decorum and not add insult to injury and let mods do their job.

'Nuff said. Moving on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread