I think the update changed other stuff.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be. ML is notorious for not giving clear documentation on what changed and didn't with the various updates and they always cover their tracks by adding ambiguous phrases like "and lots more" at the end of every update description. So yeah, there could be more in there besides the F2 thingy. But with bottlecaps, we are talking about very high variability between targets. No two sound of the same because of the diffrent types of metal used and different levels of corrosion, it seems to me to be really hard to make a definitive call one way or the other regarding how the detector sounds off on them before or after the update, but if that is what you are hearing and seeing, that's great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, V! The reason I say this is I use 5kHz and when i find something I double check in multi. Before the update bottle cap tones used to break up different ways (bc like you said, differing levels corrosion etc)but now there is NO sound...completely gone. I tried about five times yesterday.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I think I will update the 600 and try it out.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that ML didnt say anything about updates to the bluetooth tech, but since I did the update my factory phones pair up almost immediately. It used to always take about 30 seconds or more.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't done the update yet, was awaiting a thread discussing it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions