I thought I was on a roll and then

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
As the Title states, I thought I was on a roll and then life slapped me in the face. I purchased a used but excellent working White's 6000 Pro XL Metal Detector for only $250 and a like new Minelab E-Trac Metal Detector with Stock Coil, new (unused) Sun Ray Stealth X-5 Coil, new (unused) extra Rod, like new Koss Headphones, new AA Battery pack as well as the rechargeable Battery pack, Battery Recharger, Box and Manuals for only $800 and thought that good luck had come my way. However, I purchased a very old and excellent condition 1800's or earlier 20 size No-Name Key Wind/Key Set Pocket Watch in a Silver Case with a Silver Dial Face and Gold Hour, Minute and Seconds markers as well as an intricate engraved design on it and also a almost like new 1920 12 size Illinois 17 Jewel Pocket Watch in a Gold toned or Gold Montauk 20 Year Warranted Case and managed to break the crystals in both on the same day. I dropped the 1800's Pocket Watch because I lost my grip on it due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and the Illinois Pocket Watch got smashed against my' Cell Phone when I apparently bumped into something. Both are currently being repaired by a Master Watch and Pocket Watch Maker/Repairman.

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a bit of a reprieve yesterday when the Watch/Pocket Watch Repairman gave me some good news on the No-Name 1800's Silver Pocket Watch. He relayed that the Pocket Watch which is all original (Case, Movement and all parts) is Rare and produced circa 1850 is worth between $500 to $600 but could fetch much more. The Case is Sterling Silver, the Dial Face is Silver with 22kt or 24kt Gold Roman Numeral Hour Markers and 22kt to 24kt Minute and Seconds Marker Dots. While the Case, Movement and Dial have no damage externally, the Movement needs some repairs and once the repairs to the Movement and replacement of the Crystal are finished, the Pocket Watch will look and run like it is brand new. He will provide all specifics on the Pocket Watch when it is finished and returned to me. I tried to post pics of this rare Pocket Watch but AOL is currently having trouble with email accounts where I send pics from my' cell phone.

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Updated with Pics!

AOL finally got straightened out and I was finally able to send pics to my email account and download them to my' computer. I could not edit the pics as it seems my grandkids or something else deemed it necessary to delete the photo editing software. I just wanted to crop and brighten the pics. Oh well, here are the pics.

0226180931.jpg 0226180932.jpg 0226180932b.jpg 0226180933a.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread