I thought Ive seen it all.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I've seen it all.

I thought I've seen it all. I was water hunting yesterday and saw this guy walking back and forth on the dry sand a ways from me. As he got closer I could see that he was wearing headphones and dragging a metal detector's coil behind him as he walked slowly. He wasn't sweeping it, just dragging the coil. I thought, what a Maroon. As I continued along with out any signals I reflected on his style of detecting.
He wasn't swinging it like a pendulum. His coil was always even with the ground and he could tell where he's detected before because of his tracks. At first I thought I must have been doing it wrong all these years till I thought the guy wasn't able to overlap easily. But he must be just exercising and detecting at the same time.

I say, if it works for you and you enjoy it, go for it.

HH,
Sandman

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: I thought I've seen it all.

"What a maroon"..... heheheheh! Bugs is alive and well. ;D

Hey, what about using some sort of hopped up metronome, attached to your waist to save your arm from swinging? One shoe with a shovel sticking out, and the other with a sand scoop on it?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

It's in the water up here, lol. I was thinking along the lines of the olde one-man-band kinda thing... I wonder what
could be done....?

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

Nice to see you got out Dennis. Maybe he has an injured shoulder and can't swing the detector any more, but just can't give up trying..... I must admit that if I was on the beach, I would want to detect, even if I had to drag it. I got out yesterday for a half hour between rain showers. Found $0.80 in a gravel area of a play ground. Finally got my Tiger Shark back from the factory and working on trying to learn its language. Having fun..... HH, Ralph

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Sand,

those metal detecting folks are all strange ;D

Know what I mean?

have a good un...........

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, we're strange alright. I had one park where detecting wasn't allowed and I even thought of laying on the ground and sliding the coil around in a paper bag. In my neck of the woods there are Wave pools where people get tossed by man made waves. I thought of doning a set of goggles and looking on the bottom for any lost jewelry, but thought of bing arrested for being a pervert and looking at all the women instead. Never thought of that till my son told me what could happen.......

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

You can be arrested for looking? I did not know that. Oh S#!t got to go I think the cops are in the drive way. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread