I tried it........

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks for the instructions Art, after reading the first few pages I decided to give it a go. I made my rods out of coat hangers to the specifications you recommended. I had no clue what would happen or if it would work for me.

I had a general idea where things were located in my yard. I held the rods as instructed, relaxed, listened to the birds, and just walked. What surprised me was I neared where I thought the electric lines were buried and the rods crossed, when I got directly over the lines the rods opened all the way to the right and left. It showed exactly the direction the lines were running. I turned and the rods crossed again, if I walked the line the rods stayed crossed. I did not expect to be able to pinpoint the line as exact as I could. I ventured off to the back yard and found the water line, I wandered off towards the gas line (buried propane) and it was not where I thought it would be, I found it and confirmed with my husband it was where the rods said.

OK the rods work for me when it comes to water and utilities. I was pleasantly surprised. Mr. O stated that he could dowse water but did not think he could dowse treasure. Someone suggested a silver coin. I brought the rods into the house and went around the living room the rods did nothing. I grabbed the coin and laid it on the floor (silver half dollar), I stepped on the coin as suggested and nothing the rods stayed open. I walked away and reapproached the coin 3 steps before the coin the rods crossed, I kept going as I got over the coin the rods opened, 3 steps beyond the coin the rods closed. I tried this from every direction and the same happened. I could make a perfect circle surrounding the coin, yet every time I stepped on it the rods opened. I could pin point the coin exactly. Maybe it had something to do with being inside? I took the coin outside same exact results.

Now my curiosity is peaked, I threw down a penny to see what would happen. Same results as the silver but two steps out was where the circle layed, again the rods opened when I stepped on the coin.

Now I have never dowsed before, my husband has seen it done but can not do it himself. I told him how it worked for me, he wanted to see what I was talking about when I approached the lines and the rods crossed 2-3 steps before I got to them and opened all the way to the left and right when I stepped on them. Demonstration.............weird thing happened.........he went to walk away, the rod closest to him followed him. I shook it off. He asked me to find the water line, I did. He nodded says "You can do it." He walks away, I'll be dipped........the rod closest to him follows him. Now that was odd, I'm not quite sure what to think except that after 20 years of marriage his is definitely on my mind. (he says it's because he is a treasure :D)

Well that is my experience at trying dowsing, I have been at it for a week, but between the weather and work not much time is left. I wanted to try several diffrent things before I posted the results. Any questions or ideas on why it works the way it does for me?

Thanks for the help and learning experience.
Kim

P.S. on my way home from work will check back as soon as I can.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey COUNTRY GIRL....That is good news....I have found that when your rods are inside of someones aura that one or both rods rods will follow them. On the rods opening when you are on a coin.....That may be how they are going to work for you....Then again it may be a matter of the lenght of your rods. Something to try is in reply 7 at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,19537.0.html

Good Luck and have fun....Art

SWR's test comes after you learn more than you do now.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey SWR....She does not know exactly what the rods are telling her yet....She may find the objects or may not. At this point it will not help her learn anything. I am advising her to procced slowley...Art

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks for going EASY on me guys. ;) The point a couple of folks are missing is..........if I was controling the rods or guessing, then they should have done what I EXPECTED them to and closed. They did the complete opposite.

I never said I could successfuly dowse, I stated the rods worked for me. I really had no choice in going after things I knew where they were as there is 6" of frost in the ground and digging would be a little difficult ::). One thing I left out (probably still should :-[) Hubby told me to go find the water line near the garage, no hints at all. I told him I found it after going around 3 sides. He told me I was wrong, we went outside, I showed him what the rods did, there is something here, the rods showed the dirrection. He shook his head, says "how about the garden hose?" :-[ "Keep looking" I did find it.

Art, to soon or not, I think SWR's suggestion of the plates would be fun. Actually could just have someone go burry it in the 3" of snow we got last night. I'll give it a whirl and let you know.

I have no intention on becoming a professional dowser, I am in this for the fun and facination. Thanks for the advice.
Kim

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
COUNTRY GIRL....Dowsing is the most facinating hobby I have ever had...There is so many things to learn and try that I never get bored....When I make a few bucks with the rods it goes for more equipment or another trip....You have learn one important thing. You can find utilty lines and what you find from now own is up to you....Art

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi Country Girl!

Thanks for sharing your experiments with us! I had very similar results to yours - though I have not yet tried finding silver or any kinds of treasure. Despite our "friendly" skeptics profuse arguments against any theory as to how it works, I still think the electrical phenomenon is close to the answer; for in dowsing we are using lightweight conductors of electricity (including the green branch, a dry branch won't work, and if the electrical theory is correct that makes perfect sense because dry wood is an great insulator, not a conductor of electricity) and getting a fairly similar result to what one gets when using light conductors on high-voltage sources. The conductors are first attracted to the electrical charge, then as they "cross" (and pick up the identical charge to the object) they are repelled from each other - exactly the same as we get in the old "pie tin" demonstrations.

If the electrical theory is correct, then finding such a small object as a coin is going to be very difficult - either the conductors would have to be extremely light weight and flexible (in which case the slightest winds would cause problems) or the dowser would have to be extra sensitive to the presence of such a small electrical charge. This is why I rather doubt that I could ever dowse treasures successfully, unless it were a terrifically large treasure with a large electrical charge - heck I still can't tell the difference between buried electrical lines and water. For finding water though it really does work! (Of course NO skeptic is ever going to believe it, without witnessing it first-hand, and some of our skeptics have already stated that even seeing it will NOT convince them.)

You also seem to have hit upon the most important thing about dowsing - HAVE FUN with it! It IS fun and costs so little, you are sure to have a good time with it. Good luck and good hunting to you Country Girl, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. ;)

Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread