What's new

I tried pennies for the first time and....

ringding

Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
692
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
was pleasantly surprised. I have at least 10 wheats and I am only 2/3 d's the way through the $50 worth. I am also separating out the 1981 and older pennies to save.
 
Upvote 0
ring if you have a scale that weighs in grams keep your 82's in a seperate pile then weigh them out. If they ar 3.11 they are copper if they are 2.7 they are zinc I have found that 80-90% of 82's are copper. It really doesn take as much time as youw ould think I susually weigh 5-6 at a time:-)

-K
 
Thanks for posting this tip. I did not look at a single date I just weighted all the pennies and sorted them by weight. It was so much faster and easier. Now I will check all the dates of the copper ones and sort them and roll the rest to dump. Reducing eye strain is alway a good thing.

Thank you
Cat
 
Just a quick check of the back to see if they are wheats and you are done. I sort out the wheates but do not look at dates. I figure right now ts just not my time. Sometime when I have downtime before the melt ban is lifted I will go through and pull out all the really nice coins and save them up for years downt he road. I think there will be so many melted that the value of single coins will just rise and continue to rise after the melt ban is lifted.

HH

-K
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom