What's new

I tried researching it with no luck

Newt

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
I'd like to know what this looked like complete.


I'm sure you guys can find it quick.
Newt
 

Attachments

  • bethune[1].webp
    bethune[1].webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 655
Newt
Get Harry Pristis in the bottle section to give you an I.D. He is the man,, or RoadDog
Later
TnMtns
 
Upvote 0
No idea. I'm pretty sure it says:
"Excelsior Saloon
Stands Hea...?
F. Bethune Proprietor
Dawson, GA.

Full Measure"

But I haven't found any information on it.
 
Upvote 0
My guess was "Excelsior Salve" "Stands Heat". But it is very much a guess.

I have found a few references to Excelsior Salve being made in the 1890s. Haven't found much on it though.

I think F. Bethune is Francis/Frank M. Bethune. He is listed as a grocer in Cuthbert, GA in the 1880 census.

And then this comes up re: Dawson, GA 1889 article on a google search-

File contributed for use in USGenWeb Archives by:
Carla Miles http://www.genrecords.net/emailregistry/vols/00010.html#0002476 August 1, 2004, 10:28 pm

The Butler Herald
The Butler Herald
Tuesday, October 29, 1889
Page Three

Fire at Dawson

Dawson, Ga., had a considerable fire Friday morning last, and among the losers
were Mr. Frank Bethune a son of Gen. Marion Bethune of Talbotton. Telegraphic
reports state that Mr. Bethune’s loss was $5,000 with $1,700 insurance, making
a clear loss of $3,300. Two little sons of Judge Jim Guerry were killed after
the fire by a falling wall.



File at: http://files.usgwarchives.org/ga/terrell/newspapers/nw1342fireatda.txt

This file has been created by a form at http://www.poppet.org/gafiles/

Then again I think he might be the same Francis Bethune who is listed in the 1900 census in Decatur as a Barkeeper. So maybe it is "Excelsior Saloon"...
 
Upvote 0
I appreciate all the help guys.
Newt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom