I Tried The Beach Update Today on Long Island!

Hodr

Jun 18, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Eclipse 5.3 Coil
Makro/Nokta is just a great company. Without a doubt the only one I’ve seen ever that actually had a living breathing open channel of communication with the buyer..Dilek.. That in itself speaks volumes..
I have the Legend also,and In My western Pennsylvania dirt it runs great .im running the 1.05 but I don’t beach hunt so I don’t wanna mess with it,runs good now..

I see this as a return to form. Lots of old-timers remember when the ONLY treasure-hunting/metal detecting news came in pamphlet and magazine form. And it was not unusual to have manufacturers directly address customer letters and concerns in these magazines. Someone might submit a letter to the editor with certain concerns, the magazine would reach out to the OEM, then they would print the letter with the response.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Screen Shot 084.PNG
    Screen Shot 084.PNG
    60.5 KB · Views: 22

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday on the beach from the Rio Mar wreck area north to the 1984 Boiler wreck , or Rio Mar to Humistan. Wow! That beach was clean. Small cut, out going tide, few people. I was on beach mode. sensitivity 30, all metal. Found a beer can, a piece of rusty iron rod, and a 2020 dime. Disappointing find wise, but every time I have hit the beach since the 1.07 update my detector has been working beautifully. During 4 hours I ran grids at the Rio Mar beach, followed the cut, the shell line, the towel line, and while I didn't find much I got no chatter, no ground noise, and very few falses. I wear the headphones, and have the vibration cranked high so I can eyeball as I go. The things I did find let me know it was all working. If you are tuned in, Thanks Nokta.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot comment on the beach as we have no beaches in Arizona, but detecting on ground I detect it works great and each update has made it a little better there are a few things I am seeing in the Legend after I updated to the 1.06 that I discovered just today that I am not liking, found those thanks to Calabash Digger and all I will say the issues will need to be fixed.
Bah ! ! !

Desert... beach... what's the difference. :P

Oh yeah... more salt. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread