Unhunted yard???

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
Been looking for over a year for an unhunted yard. I knew a telling sign would be lots of wheaties. Well, I certainly got those from this yard. 21 of them. Been a long, long time since I got that many wheaties in one day, and maybe the first ever house yard with that many.

I also got four nickels, 1917, 1925, 1946 and 1951, a 1917 half, 1957-D and 1987 Roosies, and only 4 memorial pennies. Just one clad dime. There was no really old stuff like IHPs or Barbers, although there should have been. Seems like all the coin losing traffic was in the 40s and 50s.

I was able to find the Red Ryder belt buckle on ebay, but I could not find the golfer's pendant or the Pfeil & Hahn 'Good for one bottle' token. I'm presuming the token is for beer, although I never heard of Pfeil & Hahn.

The badly broken bracelet is costume jewelry, but I got all of it, even the clasp.

Just goes to show, you can still find a loaded yard if you look long enough and get lucky!

20240509_103851.jpg

Upvote 11

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always thrilling to detect a new place. It's flat out amazing when you find silver. I miss finding them. Everywhere I go is either junk city or clad only. I did detect a place some days back and found 2 wheaties, a 1946 and 1951. Both very crusty. So maybe there is hope in that place.
Would you mind sharing which detector you were using and how deep those silver coins were? It would be a good reference for silver depth when wheats are found.
I wish you much luck in finding more silver.

OP
OP
lrgoodger

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
Using a Deus II with the 13x11 coil. The Walker was 7" deep. When I first hit the signal, it gave me a 94 both ways and I am thinking quarter. They always hit 94 if they are not too deep or near junk. I pulled out a 5" plug and checked the hole again. The signal went up to 96 both ways! Awesome, I thought. It is either a half or a largie. The only other half I have gotten with it was 96 both ways at 5" deep. The wheaties were running 3 - 6" deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread