I used to CRH when working retail...

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought I would share this. I used to work at Home Depot as a cashier 15-16 years ago. In the beginning, someone who I worked with owned a MD and would always come up to me to go through the register to look for silver coins and wheaties. He told me after I opened rolls of change to look at the edges. Needless to say, I started looking and traded out silvers I found with my own pocket change and kept them. Since I recently joined this forum and read through some of these threads, I figured it woud be a good time to get that bag out and count how much in silver I accumulated over the 2 years working the register.
Out of the 190 wheaties, no real good dates or errors but I have 1 1909, and 1 steel war penny.
$2.70 in dimes, all Rosies.
11 war nickels.
3.75 in quarters, all Washington.
$2.00 1964 Kennedy halves
If you know anyone working in retail, tell them to keep their eyes open for you.
Jim

Upvote 0

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice story, thanks for sharing. That's a nice pile you have going from register finds. Definitely a good way to find silver!

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to work a register at my second job I ever had. I wish I would have known about silver and old coins when I was working there, back in 2009. I vaguely remember getting an old looking dime and thinking nothing of it. It was probably a merc, who knows though.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's about all I do when I am at work. I do food service in a retail store, so it's REALLLLLY SLOOOOOW a whole lot of the time! Getting paid to do what I love! :laughing7: I have been there about a year and a half (only collecting for about a year of that time), and I've gotten 2 silver quarters, about 8 silver dimes (2 Mercs, the rest Roosies), 5 silver nickels, about $6 in pre-'60 nickels, 1 full date buffalo nickel (1937), and probably $3 in wheaties. 8-)

- DS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions