What's new

I wanna clean a coin.

ynpto804

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
646
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah yeah I know they are worth more uncleared. I get it. So I wanna clean a Washington quarter to extra bright, signal a plane in the air shiny. But how?? I wanna use household chemicals any ideas???
 
if you have a jewelers test kit(one side at a time)just wetten with the 10k solution(swimming pool acid will work too)wait about 2 mins.wipe with paper towel.then drop in pile of baking soda,cover it good and rub between fingers.rinse and dry.lastly use 0000 steel wool and bam,you can see it from space.

only recommend for coins you are gonna keep,coin dude will shoot you for this :icon_thumright:
 
Love it. I have first used some real good elbow grease and soap. Now I'm on to bigger and better things.
 
If it has dark discoloration this works: Lay a piece of tin foil in a small bowl. Lay your coin on top of it. Cover the coin with baking soda and a dash of salt. Pour boiling water over all of this and let the coin sit until the water cools. Take the coin out, and wipe it with a soft cloth. It's works well on all silver but shouldn't be used on rings with stones or potentially valuable coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom