What's new

I want to buy from a teller 3 silver halves. Any suggestions?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posed it before that the lead teller in my bank has 3 halves

2 x 1963 Benns Halves
and
1 x 1980 Kenn Halve Clad Proof

I offered $9.56 for the three coins.

What do you all suggest? I do not want to over pay.

Darth Walker
 
Upvote 0
One of my main coin stores was offering to buy 90 percenters for 4.75 today. If I were you I would use round numbers and not some odd combination like 9.56.

If the teller thinks you are not offering enough, let her/him go someplace else. I would have offered 8X face on the 90s and no more. I don't really care much about non silver proofs (although I have saved a bunch of them for my collection), so I cannot say how much I would offer for that coin. Non silver proof sets are dirt cheap, so I would not ask much for it.

I would not act too interested. The person who wins in any negotiation is the one who has the power to walk away from the table. Trust me on this.

Jim
 
$12.50 for all 3 should do the trick.
 
Thanks Jim4silver,

Coolpix you are very generous. I do not think I want to buy them at $12.50.

Well, I will see how I can negotiate it

DW
 
DW,

I would let them go. I think you will have to over pay if you continue. You already broke my favorite rule of negotiation. Never be the first to set a price. I think you would have been better off asking how much the teller wanted.

Better luck next time.

HH,
65GT350
 
$10 tops But if she really wants to keep them than no fair amount will suffice.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
$10 tops But if she really wants to keep them than no fair amount will suffice.

Exactly. Also, some people have trouble realizing the real value of a coin, and then expect you to pay top dollar for it. Like 65GT350 said, I would also just let them go. Keep hunting and you will find them for face. I have already found 4 or 5 '63 Franklins this year alone. As a matter of fact, the last Franklin I found was a 63D. They aren't as rare as you may think.

Good Luck.

cmhoose
 
I'd pay $9.50 for the 2 Bens and leave the clad proof. The only way I get those is if I find them CRHing, and then they cost me $0.50. Dropping that coin out of hte deal and keeping the price close to what it was might get them for you. I woldn't pay more than 9.5X face though, and that is what $9.50 is for $1 of Bens.
 
I rarely pay more than 8x face, sometimes 9x face.........I buy silver from my craiglist ads all the time at 8x
 
I would pay $1.50 for all three. I never pay more than face value for all of my silver. :wink:
 
Thank You All for the ideas.

Lets see what how it goes

DW
 
I'd tell her that the proof is way too valuable for me to purchase, and offer her face fo the silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom