I was at an estate sale Saturday morning and smelled smoke.....

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at an estate sale Saturday morning and smelled smoke. Some lady did too and looked out the window and almost screamed there was a fire. I live in Orange County and those fires came within three miles of my home. When I first noticed the fire there was only one and it was 5-8 miles to the east of where I was at.

My normal garage sale hunting areas to the South and East of me are Orange, Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills and Fullerton. I live in Brea. Because most of the pennysaver.com listings were in Fullerton that is where I decided to hunt. It was only about 9AM when I first noticed the smoke and it only looked like a small fire and went upon my pre-planned route. About an hour later I could tell there were now two fires and the hot winds were really starting to blow.

I decided to cut my hunting time short at around noon because several listed addresses had already put their stuff away and closed shop.

The closest the fire got to my house was my daughter's high school (Brea-Olinda HS three miles away) It came right up to the property line and burned all around it. Some small wood structures did burn but nothing important. The school is 99% concrete and green grass.

The fires are still smoldering/burning right now but you cant see any smoke. The winds have stopped for the most part, but if they start up again the fires will be going strong. The hills are all black for as far as I can see.

I know of at least 5 people in my office that live in those areas. I have only seen two of them this AM. The others are not in yet but it is still early.

S

stefen

I reside in Orange east of the Pond, and had to leave Saturday afternoon because of the smoke from the canyon fires.

At one time, I lived in Orange Park Acres and went through numerous fires, two of which required moving my horses to El Modena High School.

As a side benefit, got a free breeding to my mare from an unknown Arabian stud.

Do not like wildfires or the people that get their thrills as pyromaniacs.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
this must be a worrisome time for everyone there. our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread