What's new

I was happy, until...

FloridaGoldDigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
27
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Excalibur II, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I was really really happy when I found this 8" gold chain. I thought the weight was a little light at 18 grams for its length and width. It's 14k stamped, must be real. :icon_thumright:I found a similar chain that was around 30 grams. Okay I thought. Then I went to polish it and the gold came off... ohhh no! Time to test it....yep it's fake.

You can see where I started to polish it in the second picture at the 14k mark.

Bummed.... :BangHead:
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    501.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    742.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    307.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 0
There auta be a law!
 
That hurts!

Cliff
 
This sounds like one of those cases where the home setup for melting metal might be nice(supposed to be dangerous?)!! I noticed that the local wholesale to retail place only sells 14k plated sterling, guess they figure "Joe Public" has no "real need" for it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom