I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to ID this spear point I found in IA? It is sitting a-top a 4x4 post for size reference.

Bobbarker3's

Greenie
Sep 22, 2023
Benton County Iowa
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20230517_184245241.jpg

Upvote 16
OP
OP
Bobbarker3's

Bobbarker3's

Greenie
Sep 22, 2023
Benton County Iowa
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice point! Try posting over on the Native American artifact forum.
Will do. I'm new here and I'm trying to figure the site out still lol. I have what I would call some interesting things to share, stay posted. Thanks for reply and the advice. I'll check out the Native artifact thread. Thanks
To me it looks like a short base Hardin. Early archaic made from Burlington chert.
Excellent, I'll follow that up for sure. It's much appreciated. It was found on our family farm in the field, where my family has tilled over, time and time again. It literally doesn't have a knick out of it that I could find. How this was found intact is beyond me, I'll take some good luck every now and then lol. I have many more artifacts, gembone and fossils I'm looking forward to sharing. I appreciate all of the feedback from people, I'm still trying to build my knowledge base. Thanks again, take care

OP
OP
Bobbarker3's

Bobbarker3's

Greenie
Sep 22, 2023
Benton County Iowa
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice point. A True work of art. Congrat's.
Thank you. I feel lucky to hold it in one piece. The farm ground which I found this, has gotten tilled over and over. So to find this sitting a-top the soil made my day. I have some other interesting things I will hopefully post tonight. Nice to meet you, hope you have a good holiday.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you. I feel lucky to hold it in one piece. The farm ground which I found this, has gotten tilled over and over. So to find this sitting a-top the soil made my day. I have some other interesting things I will hopefully post tonight. Nice to meet you, hope you have a good holiday.
Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This artifact appears to have some Tip Restoration done to it. Did you find it this way?
The Decatur I posted was my attempt at a repair. It’s bondo auto putty. White flint is very hard to match. There’s a guy in AL named Dennis Bushey that is a master at artifact restoration. I’m sure not!

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Decatur I posted was my attempt at a repair. It’s bondo auto putty. White flint is very hard to match. There’s a guy in AL named Dennis Bushey that is a master at artifact restoration. I’m sure not!
I don’t see a problem with how it looks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread