What's new

I went to the zoo.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Company came Wednesday and wanted to visit the local Zoo/Wild animal park. I took these shots , but can't remember what the birds are.
DSC_0010.webp
DSC_0011.webp
DSC_0012.webp
DSC_0015.webp
DSC_0023.webp
DSC_0024.webp
DSC_0026.webp
DSC_0028.webp
DSC_0030.webp
DSC_0033.webp
DSC_0039.webp
DSC_0041.webp
DSC_0042.webp
 
Those are some great shots!
 
Nice photos!

THe first bird is a Flamingo, the other 2 are Ibis, black one is a Northern Bald Ibis, the white with black is most likely a African Sacred Ibis, but could be one of 2 other similarly colored Ibis.
I was gonna say they appear to be variations of the elusive backwoods Tennessee Penguin... but your probably closer than I.
 
I have mixed feelings about zoos. Seeing large predatory cats locked up in confinement pacing back and forth with nothing to do really bothers me. I can see it for endangered species and injured animals, but for common healthy ones I feel it’s wrong.😑
 
I have mixed feelings about zoos. Seeing large predatory cats locked up in confinement pacing back and forth with nothing to do really bothers me. I can see it for endangered species and injured animals, but for common healthy ones I feel it’s wrong.😑
The cheetahs have trainers that interact with them everyday. The cheetahs act more like house cats when the trainers enter their enclosure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom