What's new

ID Egyptian (Peruvian?) Gold Pendant

calbert

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

I got this piece from my mother after the passed away. My father found it in Egypt (I'm pretty sure) but I can't seem to place the design to any specific piece. I was told it was a version of Horus which was a god that followed the entrance of Christianity and was popular, which makes sense on why my father picked it up.

It weighs 7g (.26oz) and seems to be pure gold.

I have been told it might be a Peruvian thunder god (I really don't think so but I thought I might provide all the information I have.)

The two images attached show the pendant from 2 different angles. I will attach more photos when I get a chance to take more photos this evening.

Thank you
 

Attachments

  • DSC_2421.webp
    DSC_2421.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC_2423.webp
    DSC_2423.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 304
:hello:

Welcome to Treasure Net :hello2: that's a very cool looking piece 8) it looks a bit like the Mayan Bird images :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Very cool. I think Peruvian is more likely. Central American. Do a Google image search for Gold Veraguas. This might give you a starting point. Welcome to Tnet. :hello: Someone here will come along that knows more about this stuff than me.
 
Upvote 0
If it was obtained in Egypt it is more likely to be a representation of Horus an ancient Egyptian God with the head of a Falcon who was the son of Isis and Osiris and God of the Underworld (not the criminals, the dead).
Nice piece
 
Upvote 0
May I ask is this hallmarked and could someone re size the pic?
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Nice...I think Pre-Columbian probably South America.

HH Joe
 

Attachments

  • DSC_2421.webp
    DSC_2421.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0
FelineBossyElf said:
Is the design close?

Eagle Pendant, 11th–16th century
Costa Rica; Chiriquí
Cast gold

There's a bunch on this page. Pre Columbian http://www.precolumbiangold.com/cast.htm
I don't think you could get much closer stylistically? Now the question is it old or a modern copy?
BK
 
Upvote 0
I think it is a modern miniature of a south/central American ceremonial knife (tumi).

Cool piece. I'd wear it.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom