What's new

ID help needed

RJH02

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
438
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I found these items yesterday in a field on the farm I live on. I think the smaller item is from an old gas/oil lamp because the threads match a piece of another gas/lamp item I found a month earlier on another part of the farm.The large item is about the size of a 9 volt battery, I think it's brass and has alot of holes in it for some reason, any ideas? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0008.webp
    PICT0008.webp
    80.4 KB · Views: 428
  • PICT0007.webp
    PICT0007.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 436
  • PICT0006.webp
    PICT0006.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 418
  • PICT0005.webp
    PICT0005.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 430
  • PICT0004.webp
    PICT0004.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 421
  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 421
the larger piece looks like the back of a padlock.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
Just a guess because it has the same threads as this. Can someone post a pic of this style of lamp?
 

Attachments

  • PICT0018.webp
    PICT0018.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0
RJH02 said:
Just a guess because it has the same threads as this. Can someone post a pic of this style of lamp?

That is a fitting, not a lamp.

Can you post a photo of the smaller hole?

That could show what it was for. Most were for gas,
but some were for water lines on steam engine boiler
gauges and a few other places, depending on the
type of boiler.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog
 
Upvote 0
The small item looks like a banjo type fitting for a fuel line to an old carburator. Tony
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

I think your small find is part of a throttle linkage... :icon_thumleft:

SS
 

Attachments

  • weber-throttle-linkage-rod-428-p.webp
    weber-throttle-linkage-rod-428-p.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
Small one reminds me of the gas taps we used to have on desktops in the science rooms at school. Rubber tube from the Bunsen burner used to slip over the end with the nobbly bit.
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

I think your small find is part of a throttle linkage... :icon_thumleft:

SS

It does look like one, but his find in the ball part is threaded and the throttle linkage is slick where it can swivel freely. I still use this type linkage on my Chevy ll Nova's.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking of a older grease fitting!! Chug
 
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for your input. I first thought of a fuel line fitting or something similar , I only guessed at the lamp part because the threads matched the fitting to the gas lamp I found earlier and ID'ed here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,375567.0.html .

The farm I live on is 125 acres and dates back to the 1750's, there is a 1/4 mile or more of stagecoach road on the property, so far finds are few and far in between but it's just a matter of time before the good finds start popping up. It's nice to know there are lots of nice people here willing to help ID items found.
 
Upvote 0
any other ideas on the egg shaped object? ???
 
Upvote 0
Water or vacuum bib from a piece of machinery (engine). Hose fits on end with a wire clamp.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom