What's new

ID Help Please

ShortbusElite

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
294
Reaction score
611
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a whatzit I found a couple weeks back which I forgot to post. Does anyone know exactly what it is? It looks almost like a belt buckle but it is smaller than most I've seen. Other people have suggested it might be a broach of some kind with the middle decorative part missing. I believe it was once plated but I am unsure. This rang up a solid repeatable 81-82 on my AT Pro and I dug it about 4" down. Finally, these are two axe heads that I recovered from the same site. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 1468293643496.webp
    1468293643496.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 1468293682320.webp
    1468293682320.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 1468293711158.webp
    1468293711158.webp
    112.9 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 8
Don't know what it could be, but I love those ax heads!
 
Looks like some thing out of the blare witch...lol Not sure but great finds..
 
:dontknow: Ladies or kids belt buckles are small. I think someone got creative and made it themselves.
 
I would call that a buckle of some sort. I have 2 that look like that in my display case.
 
Womens "chain link" buckle. 1960's

Might want to test for sterling silver.
Some were made using it.
 
The site I found these at I believe dates to around 1900 and is highly overgrown. Although it is possible, I think the 1960's is a little late for this one. I could be wrong though.
 
It's pretty old and looks custom made..Maybe for a pet it reminds me of a pet chain..I would guess at least 100 years old or more..It's cool tho..

~Blaze
 
Congratualtions on the interesting buckle and real cool ax heads! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom