ID me please

Fleshtim

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in Virginia, any ideas of what it is? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461368949.491227.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunks of rusted metal.

What did I win?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fleshtim

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..appreciate the help, I found them at Brandy Station so I thought I would put them on here so I could get maybe some positive and insightful feedback and all I get is a smart ass remark...thanks

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post in what is it, with more detail.... Size, were found and as much info as you can give. More pictures with different views. GIB was just Pocking fun. It's part of the game. Welcome to t-net. Great people on here with more knowledge than you can imagine. Someone will help

HH, Relic Nut

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a broken piece of a handle either from a knife of a toy gun. I don't know the size but the bumps on it suggest a plastic handle attached.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..appreciate the help, I found them at Brandy Station so I thought I would put them on here so I could get maybe some positive and insightful feedback and all I get is a smart ass remark...thanks

Welcome to TreasureNet & sorry for your Experience here :(
I must say not completely their Fault though

you should have read this.
[h=1]PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ITEMS IN "WHAT IS IT?"[/h]

then posted it here in What Is It .

Then If you were given such flippant remarks I would respond to them.

Anyway I moved this to what is It, I hope you can add more pics & Details
to see of it helps :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hints of two different horse shoes.
The one suggests nails in it still and the other ,IF the raised round parts are nail heads might suggest a shoe piece as well.
The gob of rust(?) on the one with nails detracts from uniformity to be more confident it is a piece of shoe .

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Perhaps an insightful story and description would help.

What kind of site, old? Relics? House? Farm? Modern... and such.

Then there are the always standard questions.

What kind of metal. Will a magnet stick to it? Have you cleaned it, or is it as found? How much does it weigh?

How about another angle on the top piece? (or is that too much trouble?)

Is the tile they are on 1' squares? Needed for size...

How about the other side of the bottom piece? Same design or smooth? Any mounting places or broken parts that may help identify it, or again, too much trouble?

With the major lack of information you posted- they are just what they appear to be.

A couple of rusted hunks of metal...

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one that has screws still attached(standing) without seeing anymore than you have provided.I would guess a corner brace for a door.The one laying flat looks like it might have some floral pattern on it so I would think an applique for furniture.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread