What's new

Id on weird Brooch?

Dave44

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
4,874
Reaction score
2,212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buckleboy made me clean these, Well I am not through, but was wondering if anyone had seen a brooch thing like this, has a loop on the back like it was a belt buckle, loop is big too, but it doesn't seem strong enough for that. And one button Is a union navy but the other 2 I am not sure of, ,the cannon balls seem to be too large :help:
 

Attachments

  • P1000956.webp
    P1000956.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 553
  • P1000957.webp
    P1000957.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 557
  • P1000958.webp
    P1000958.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 507
  • P1000956.webp
    P1000956.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 543
  • P1000957.webp
    P1000957.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 545
  • P1000958.webp
    P1000958.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 503
Looking back I see that niffler guessed sash buckle back in reply #4. I should read all the posts. Anyway I agree with niffler. :D I also think Dano is right on the collar..
 
Upvote 0
I have been looking into Danos' Idea and it is plausible, it even looks right,, She died in what 1606? How long would the military have used her likeness? Dano you have a great idea, what do you think?
 
Upvote 0
Myself I dont think its military related.
 
Upvote 0
Me either really. Getting that "deja vu" feeling again on this one. Know i've seen it somewhere before but can't place or find it. sorry mate.
(It could also be depicting Mary Queen of Scots. Elizabeths rival. Sorry i'm not more help.)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom