What's new

ID please

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 of these recently in 2 different locations.... does anyone have a clue?


Chukers
 

Attachments

  • what2.webp
    what2.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 402
What kind of metal are they?
 
Upvote 0
TnMountains said:
Not a rising hinge.The pin comes out like a regular door. I have installed them before. This pin looks trapped for some reason. Is it cast metal or steel? Looks like cast ?

yes its cast... might have lead in them maybe made of pewter
 
Upvote 0
chukers said:
TnMountains said:
Not a rising hinge.The pin comes out like a regular door. I have installed them before. This pin looks trapped for some reason. Is it cast metal or steel? Looks like cast ?

yes its cast... might have lead in them maybe made of pewter
Then the idea of a hinge gets darker, I don't know of any hinge made from pewter, but it could be.
I myself don't see any letters on it either, maybe looking at it incorrectly.
 
Upvote 0
CATFISHJK1 said:
I can see writing on one of them. What does it say?

In cleaned them up... no writing.... I'll make a video later of them and show them up close, show them from all sides maybe that will help...

Chukers
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
2
Views
636
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
557

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom