What's new

ID this Flat Button??

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been detecting a crossing that was heavily used by Federal Troops from the 1830's up to the Civil War here in Oklahoma.. I think I have found one like this before but couldn't find a record or pic of it... it is the same size as a US Quarter.. there is no backmark and the shank is missing... any help would be appreciated..
D7oWF.jpg

lTQBN.jpg

Thanks
Evan
Gonehunting for History
 
It looks like it could have been worked on by the owner at some point. The plain buttons were cheaper than the gilt buttons, they may have been trying to dress up thier coat. Just an idea.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Brian I figured some of the button Guru's on here would be able to ID it... thanks for the post..
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom