Idaho Trip

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Boise: Ada county requires a permit $5.00? you can get at the "Wampum Hut" ph. 208-343-2813, Garden City. After hearing their 15 minute presentation and demonstrating proper target recovery with a screwdriver only (no other digging tools are allowed).
We are working with Nampa: Canyon county, to get a permit to allow detecting (April we hope?), they currently do not allow detecting in public parks or schools. Hope this helps, you may also contact "Gerry's Detectors" ph. 208-345-8898, or Rose Hill Coins ph. 208-343-3220 for more info, Scott

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
Ive talked with nampa parks and rec and no one minds it as long as your probe. They dont like plugs. I have never been stopped or botherd unless i had a shovel.

LT

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Great to hear from another local! Member "Steeheadfever" has been working with Nampa Parks and Rec. to get the ordnance changed to allow detecting by permit. I haven't detected localy so was waiting to get thier blessing befor I attempted it SHF has done ok in the Caldwell area also without being stopped. HH

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
Ive spoken with plenty of nampa parks and recs and it depends on what park we go to. Some dont care some just want the screw drivers and some dont want us doing it at all.

Just check with your park before you go.

LT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread