What's new

Identify maker?

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had this for a number of years and have never been able to identify the maker or his profession for sure . I had assumed he was a saddler and this was his maker's badge for a saddle? The object is very thick brass. Last name is Carpennter (maker Philadelphia), but the first two letters are unlear...may J C or J G ?.. Almost of the objects in the field dated from Rev. war period. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • carpenter1.webp
    carpenter1.webp
    41 KB · Views: 605
  • carpenter2.webp
    carpenter2.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 585
I have access to some early Philadelphia directories. Here are a few shots - 1) 1793 2) 1802 3) 1807. There are some other years. I just took a sampling. Maybe from a hat...shoe.... book?

bdwa38.jpg



353866a.jpg



55f6l3.jpg
 
Upvote 0
No help Johnny,but glad to see ya!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

Very interesting piece johnnie :) the first letters I think are JCC written in a form of Black Letter, I'm quite interested in Black Letter, there are many forms of the text :read2: the second C hasn't been struck as cleanly as the first.

I might have a go with this one, I like it :thumbsup: JC Carr...ter :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • 457bac3c77b1451eacc9068b11a21c73.webp
    457bac3c77b1451eacc9068b11a21c73.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 457bac3c77b1451eacc9068b11a21c73.webp
    457bac3c77b1451eacc9068b11a21c73.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 143
  • carpenter1.webp
    carpenter1.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom