What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Identify the age of this?

FFD

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 26, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
I’m looking for any information related to the stirrup I found in a field near Greenville Missouri. Specifically type, how old approximately
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2895.webp
    IMG_2895.webp
    117.8 KB · Views: 87
Google lens says this about my item.


No, the item pictured is not a barn rigging item.
  • The object is an antique iron horse stirrup, which is a piece of equestrian equipment used as a foot support for a rider when mounted on a horse.

  • Stirrups are part of the saddle assembly, or "tack," used for riding, not typically considered "rigging" in the context of barn operations like lifting or securing heavy objects.

  • The item could be used as rustic farmhouse decor, which might be found in a barn setting, but its original purpose was for horseback riding.
 
Upvote 0
Google lens says this about my item.


No, the item pictured is not a barn rigging item.
  • The object is an antique iron horse stirrup, which is a piece of equestrian equipment used as a foot support for a rider when mounted on a horse.

  • Stirrups are part of the saddle assembly, or "tack," used for riding, not typically considered "rigging" in the context of barn operations like lifting or securing heavy objects.

  • The item could be used as rustic farmhouse decor, which might be found in a barn setting, but its original purpose was for horseback riding.
Turn it upside down, take another picture.
I trust the giggle eye to say something else.
It really needs a lot of improvement yet.
When a photo of a 1902 gold piece, and it gives something totally different????
Try the upside down picture.
Better yet show us your actual like photo confirmation of a stirrup.
:coffee2:
 
Upvote 0
Turn it upside down, take another picture.
I trust the giggle eye to say something else.
It really needs a lot of improvement yet.
When a photo of a 1902 gold piece, and it gives something totally different????
Try the upside down picture.
Better yet show us your actual like photo confirmation of a stirrup.
:coffee2:
The upside down photo still came up with the same result.
 
Upvote 0
My item and then similar items also considered stirrups
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2895.webp
    IMG_2895.webp
    148.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2897.webp
    IMG_2897.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
My item and then similar items also considered stirrups
I saw the reference to those. Casted.
I'm wondering if the one you have broke and a cheap plate was attached or a knock off.
 
Upvote 0
I saw the reference to those. Casted.
I'm wondering if the one you have broke and a cheap plate was attached or a knock off.
The one I have seems to be solid and not broken or mended.
 
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it's a stirrup or not....but if it is... there are real stirrups that look a lot like this one that are either old Chinese, Japanese, and maybe Ottoman, all of which are more refined and have a thicker bottom plate, here's some images and links.

1772222711510.webp


1772222784576.webp


1772222842496.webp
 
Upvote 0
Some photos with measurements of the one I have
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2898.webp
    IMG_2898.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2899.webp
    IMG_2899.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2901.webp
    IMG_2901.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2900.webp
    IMG_2900.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
It is the correct size for a stirrup, and appears to be a stirrup.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom