What's new

If I sell this weekend?

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
If I were to sell 40% & 90% this weekend, what is a fair price for halves per roll? Not sure I will, but it is very tempting here as of late. Wanting to know what I should accept or refuse? Any comments greatly appreciated. Fair, but reasonable?

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
10 rolls of 90%; 15 rolls of 40%.

apush :read2:
 
apush said:
Hi all,
If I were to sell 40% & 90% this weekend, what is a fair price for halves per roll? Not sure I will, but it is very tempting here as of late. Wanting to know what I should accept or refuse? Any comments greatly appreciated. Fair, but reasonable?

HSH,
apush :read2:

It depends on who you sell to. If you were to sell directly to another collector you might get a bit more. If you want the ease of walking into a coin store and leaving with your money, it will be easier but you probably won't get as much.

I believe that some of the local coin stores are paying a bit over 18X face for small amounts of 90%, and over 6X face for 40%.

Jim
 
Calculating with the silver spot price at $27.25, a roll of 90% comes to $197.12 and a roll of 40% would be $80.12 or $9.85 and $4.03 per coin. You may get spot or better from a speculator or collector but 18x face for 90% isn't too shabby. For 40% I think you should get closer to $3.50. I'm judging this on what a local buyer near me is paying. He works on a smaller margin than most of the others I've checked on.
 
Thanks Jim. I always enjoy your posts and welcome your advice.

apush :read2:
 
I just sold some $70 face 40% this week to a coin shop for $3.50 each. I was happy with that.
 
I just copied this. By the weekend, who knows??
 

Attachments

  • silver price.webp
    silver price.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 159
apush said:
Hi all,
If I were to sell 40% & 90% this weekend, what is a fair price for halves per roll? Not sure I will, but it is very tempting here as of late. Wanting to know what I should accept or refuse? Any comments greatly appreciated. Fair, but reasonable?

HSH,
apush :read2:

I hope that you are not selling because of the plunge. Silver will be back up and then some.
Myself I would hold on to the 90's and get rid of the 40's.
Shop around, haggle,keeping in mind that you got them at face,and the buyer has to stay in business.
I haven't gotten rid of any 40's in over a month. I think I got $5.75/$1.00. Not a lot, but I got them cheaper than the buyer. I'm not the Scrooge type anyway,so I was happy.
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom