What's new

If we find we must measure our progress

vanderleven

Greenie
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
MEXICO
Detector(s) used
GPR, MALA , GARRET,WHITE, FISHER,WHITE, JEOHUNTER,ACUUMETER,RUNABOUT,NOGGIN,NOTKA, SSL ,OKM runabout, Lorenz
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We must have a story to devote time to document it because the opposite of this, we will be leaving in search of ever getting the results.

As the detection of metals Hobby is relaxing but it is important to have a definite goal which can measure. What we can not measure what can not improve.

Have stories that could be conjugated will lead us to have better results even in prospecting as a hobby.

Many can know about this, yet we forget.

Greetings to you all.

If we improve we measure
 
Ah. But it's a measure of enjoyment and not treasure found for some of us. It's more enjoyable not to "bring work home" and keep detailed records and set goals. I keep a log of what I found and where. But don't pressure myself to increase over prior results.
 
In 40 some years i never kept records .. i really do not need the extra work … All my great finds are in my head were i found them and when … No one else needs to know..
 
In 40 some years i never kept records .. i really do not need the extra work … All my great finds are in my head were i found them and when … No one else needs to know..

I agree. This is not a race or competition for me. I have no desire to chronical my exploits for posterity and the enrichment of history. It is a relaxing way to engage in something that is not controvercial or stressful. I do this because I like the experience, the memories, the social aspect, and the joy of finding something cool that others have been walking over for years. The thrill of finding something of value is short lived. My finds give me satisfaction, but what could still be out there keeps me digging. The fun is in the hunt.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom