jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the fact the Camera is Inside a Vehicle & Videoing through a Reflective windshield,
There is a Possibility of it catching almost anything from almost any angle.
That and Being Skeptic Prevents me from Believing.
But Definitely a fun video.
My eye Sight Could see Legs Running for a Half a Second.
but eye sight can be misleading on something that quick.
I don't believe he rigged it. I do think he may be convinced it's ghosts,
unless he just passed some kids or joggers

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. But I do believe some folks are sincere in their belief because they perceived a "ghost" as a mental construct in their mind that was mistaken as a visual input. Our brain tells us what we see and fills in for what our eyes see.

As far as that video? I don't trust video any more.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting but most likely something mistaken for a "ghost". These are still always fun to examine and look at. I'm a skeptic as I've been to a ton of old places, cemeteries and such and nothing ever happens. Normally just is quiet. Though I still won't say the paranormal is impossible. The world would be boring if we didn't have things to wonder about.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. But I do believe some folks are sincere in their belief because they perceived a "ghost" as a mental construct in their mind that was mistaken as a visual input. Our brain tells us what we see and fills in for what our eyes see.

I would have to know the guy. If this was a Ghost hunter , a Guy who sees ghosts ,
Or just happened to show it to someone who requested/suggested it be shared.
sort of like bigfoot Hunters who go in the woods & Hoot & Holler on camera
then claim Bigfoot threw rocks at them :laughing7: if it Exists, it will be more likely a complete
indifferent person will see it. and not even think about a camera till after it's too late.
or like above if it was only seen after maybe

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also had an experience at Gettysburg. I was on my motorcycle & I pulled into a parking lot where a large battle took place. It was a summer morning & I was the only one in the parking lot. I stopped to read a marker describing the battle that took place there. I was still sitting on my motorcycle & the air got very cold. It felt like the temperature dropped 20 degrees or more. I got this overwhelming feeling that somebody was behind me & it felt like there was electricity in the air. It was so overwhelming that the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I turned to look and nobody else was the parking lot. At that time I just wanted to get out of there. I went to start my bike and the battery drain on my motorcycle & was cranking over very slowly. Then the motor started. I revved the throttle so high & pop the clutch I almost did a wheelie pulling of the parking lot. I never saw anything. It was just an experience I never want to have again in my life.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't remember much about the day anymore, but I walked into a pocket
of icy air once. I'm not much for hunting in cold so it was probably 60's or warmer with the sun shining :dontknow: post is here some-where but don't shoot me if my story is different :tongue3: terrible memory at times.

I wanted to detect this particular area behind a church, i think because i never did
much there before that. and when I walked there it was like walking into an ice box.
couldn't tolerate it. severe shivering forced me back away.
next time I went there all was ok. probably a weather anomaly. don't remember it being shade
000aaa.jpg

any-who, sounds like you spooked yourself :laughing9: I've done that a few times I'm sure,
in spite of my skepticism :coffee2:

Was Hunting an old Stone Foundation, according to a news article, supposedly on indian land here in pa. but then again indians seem to think they own amerca yet
while digging a target i saw a dog jump at me out the upper part of my eye.
several times.
after digging the target and looking where i was, i realized I was near the spot a Dog was Chained Many years ago. just a visual hallucination, maybe unconsciously I noticed the
metal loop in the ground :tongue3:

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Good post. This is known as memory bias / selective memory, etc.....

A metal detecting buddy of mine got caught up in this "ghost hunting" fad. Where their group goes into a supposed haunted house, with high-tech. measuring devices (specialized cameras & audio recording devices, etc...). And they sit around in the dark for HOURS.

Then they play back the equipment the next day . Looking for evidence of "ghosts".

He gleefully shows me the momentary clip where an orb or light flickers across the room in some corner or whatever. To which I try to correct him and say : "Dude, that's merely probably a car, 3 blocks away, that made a U-turn. And their headlight glanced across the window of your house. Causing a light flicker to dance across the room"

Or they have an audio recording, that, when you play it back (at 100x volume and slow it down 10x), can supposedly be made to hear the word whispered "Janet" or whatever. To which I try to correct him and say : "Dude, that was probably just the chair that one of you was sitting in, make a "creak", when you shifted in your chair"

But to no avail. He sees everything as proof. And fails to see more plausible explanations.

I can think of some other debated phenomenon that this bias psychology also applies to. And I think you know what that is :thumbsup:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It almost looks as if there was a water spot or drop on the windshield, and it followed thru acting as if it were the ghost in question. Watch the video before the arrow appears, and you can see the spot on the windshield before the ghost appears, and the spot is still there until the ghost disappears. That being said, I do believe in ghosts, or spirits, and have personally had some good experiences with them. I'm assuming they are family members, as something usually happens when I'm thinking of or participating in a family issue / gathering. Best experience : My dad passed away 6 years ago. His birth year was 1943. The first dozen coins I dug after he passed, were all dated 1943. War Nickels, Mercs and a Walking Lib Half. I also received a 1943 Steel penny in change from a gas station. (that has never happened in my life) and while coin roll hunting one day, I found a 1943 British copper in a roll of coins. All of this happened within 4 months of his passing. Just a coincidence ? Maybe, but if it was, I should have bought 43 lotto tickets ! These happenings were not really a ghost issue, but something abnormal was in the air.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to know the guy. If this was a Ghost hunter , a Guy who sees ghosts ,
Or just happened to show it to someone who requested/suggested it be shared.
sort of like bigfoot Hunters who go in the woods & Hoot & Holler on camera
then claim Bigfoot threw rocks at them :laughing7: if it Exists, it will be more likely a complete
indifferent person will see it. and not even think about a camera till after it's too late.
or like above if it was only seen after maybe
If someone has paranormal investigator attached to their name, they lose 60% from the get go on my credibility scale. If you're looking for ghosts your brain is gonna see ghosts. Hokey scary music on the video?-10 pts. I'd be on the smudge on the windshield bandwagon.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching this video a couple times. I do believe it was nothing more than something on the windshield. But I also believe there could be something more than our physical presence on this earth.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
After watching this video a couple times. I do believe it was nothing more than something on the windshield. But I also believe there could be something more than our physical presence on this earth. But that’s coming from one of us abnormal people.

Correct : Someone who sees "more plausible explanations" in these supposed spook citings is NOT trying to say that only the physical here-&-now is "all there is". Just saying that : Too much of what gets chalked up to ghosts and spooks and paranormal has Perfectly benign & non-paranormal explanations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread